The Number 3
If you’re seeing sequences of 3’s – maybe God is inviting into prayerfully searching out scripture references that are made up of 3’s.
- Maybe God is inviting into prayerfully searching out scripture references that are made up of 3’s.
- Here is a powerful example in Jeremiah 33.3: Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know
- Maybe God is speaking to you about 3 actual things. You can have a conversation with Him about it!
- You can also prayerfully search the scriptures and see how God highlights the number three.
Three can speak to the fullness of God
- God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They will not be divided, but agree and honour each other
- 1John 5:7-8 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one
Three can be a time of hiddenness, prayer and preparation for a life that God can use
- Hebrews 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s command
- Acts 9:8-9 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
- See also Esther 4:16, Daniel 1:5
Three encourages us that in God, after death (or whales, or prison) comes life
- Matthew 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth
- Joseph put his brothers in prison 3 days and gave them a challenge if they wanted to get out! Gen 42:17-18 So he put them all together in prison three days. Then Joseph said to them the third day, “Do this and live, for I fear God.
Three speaks to God’s righteous judgements
- 2 Sam 24:12 God gives David a choice of 3 judgments
- Rev 16 shows a dragon, a beast and a false prophet having formed an ungodly and counterfeit trinity. Babylon the great city is split into 3 parts as God brings His judgment on evil.
Three speaks to those God will use so He alone gets the glory
- David’s mighty men 2 Sam 23 Then three of the thirty chief men went down at harvest time and came to David… These things were done by the three mighty men
- Judges 7:7 Then the LORD said to Gideon, “By the three hundred men who lapped I will save you, and deliver the Midianites into your hand.
There is so much more about the number 3, but for now, we will leave it here, (you could study the 3 parts in the Tent of meeting, 3 major feasts, and so on).
The number Three in the Bible speaks to us about the mystery of the Divine fullness of God, preparation time with God, transition from death to life, and His holy and righteous judgements. It also refers to those He chooses so He alone will get the victory.
So – if you’re dreaming about the number 3, seeing it in prophetic images, waking up at 3am or 3:33am, perhaps God is speaking to you about the themes above and is inviting you to a conversation with Him.
Be blessed with a love for God’s word. May you go deeper into receiving life from Him as you read and study the Word of God, and find the types and shadows that speak of Christ and the ways of God