Through the Bible, God shows us who He is, His nature and His ways. He does this within the many stories, parables, imagery, types, symbols and even numbers that are used throughout Scripture. By studying the Bible you grow a foundation for how God speaks – and find themes and words to help you in your conversation with God about what your prophetic images may mean.
The Number One:
If you do a word study you will find:
God Himself is One
- Psalm 2 – The Sovereign Lord is One. This is the mystery of God, He is one and three in one.
Jesus is the One
- Jesus was asked: “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?” Matthew 11.3
- And elsewhere He declares – “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14.6
The Blessing for the one who follows God’s ways as a lifestyle with Him
- Psalm 1 describes the blessing for the one who follows God
The Mystery of the One-ness of our Faith
- Ephesians 4 – The mystery of believers in Christ coming together. There is – one body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all.
- Just as the human body has many parts, so does the body of Christ. In Ephesians 4 the Apostle Paul urges us to see God growing us up into Christ, into His love, and into unity as a body knit together for Him.
The Mystery of the Tent of Meeting
- The Tent of Meeting, the Tabernacle, is One space set aside for God, with spaces and parts within it that also have their individual meaning.
The number One in the Bible speaks to us about the mystery of God being One and three-in-one. Jesus being the One looked for, and to the mystery of our unity in one faith, one hope and one body
So – if you’re dreaming about the number 1, seeing it in prophetic images, waking up at 1am or 1:11am, perhaps God is speaking to you about the themes above.
If you want to learn more, see below to sign up for a free Lab Session on 22 Oct or our Hear Workshop on 29 Oct or 30 Oct
Be blessed with a love for God’s word. May you go deeper into receiving life from Him as you read and study the Word of God, and find the types and shadows that speak of Christ and the ways of God.