The Number 4 – What in the world?
If you’re dreaming or hearing things in fours, it’s likely related to what’s happening in the world
Number Four is about God’s Created World, references all that He created – and His purpose and plan for His creation. It speaks to world systems that arise and God’s absolute purpose and plan for intervention in the created world.
When you search for fours you find:
The river flowing out of Eden becomes four rivers, there are four horns, four angels, four winds, four skilled craftsmen, four beasts, four corners of the earth, four chariots, four colours, four sides to the camp of the Israelites in the wilderness with four primary flags, four gospels. The study of four opens up huge concepts. Here are some points to explore.
Four corners of the earth – references the whole world
- Four seasons – spring, summer, autumn, winter
- Four regions – north, south east and west
- Isaiah 11: 12 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.
Four Gospels represents God’s purpose in the world
- Four Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – declaring Jesus to the world. Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Four Beasts references the World’s systems and their contention against the Kingdom of God
- Daniel 7 Daniel spoke, saying, “I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. The fourth beast was dreadful and terrible, It was different from all the others and had 10 horns. Reading on, we see God will judge this beast.
Four Chariots with four horses of four colours references God’s deliberate and watchful purpose in His Created World
- Zechariah 6:1-8 God sends those who stand before His throne, as His messengers to survey the world
Four Angels holding back the four winds until God’s people are sealed – those who are wholly following the Son of God
- Revelation 7: 1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. This may be referring to God’s withholding of judgment over the entire world system (land and sea), and their world leaders (trees) until His people are sealed.
- More with the Number 12 – but a ‘heads up’ – these people probably represent those God is giving godly anointing to lead many people, in this time, from all around the world. Get ready. He may be calling you.
Four Winds and awakening to life
- Ezekiel 37:9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”
- Ezekiel 37:10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
- Let God’s breath come into you for the world and His plan. I bless you to awaken afresh to this now.
Four Living Creatures
- Revelation 4; They are before His Throne. They have the appearance of four creatures – lion, calf, man and flying eagle
- They worship God and cry out holy holy holy
- Revelation 15.7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever. They understand about the wrath of God over great sin.
- They show us this connection between worship for God is holy and God’s holy wrath for great evil.
Four Horns and Four Craftmen
- Zechariah 1: 18-21 God sees what powers and rulers are rising up in the world against His people. He brings skilled people into deal with it.
Be encouraged – Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
We bless you today with His breath increasing life in you, with love,