If you’re seeing or hearing the number five in revelation, images, dreams or the whispers of God, be encouraged – God may be speaking to you of divine grace, and favour and strength to live fully alive!
Five can refer to God giving us strength
- As a young man, David had five smooth stones and God used them to conquer the giant Goliath
- 1 Samuel 17:40 Then he took his staff in his hand; and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook
Five can refer to God providing redemption and clearing the debt
- Numbers 3:47 The Israelites are to redeem their first born with a payment of five shekels each
- Exodus 22:1 Thieves must repay five times the value of oxen they steal
Five can refer to the divine grace of God that brings favour
- Benjamin is given five times more food than his brothers and five sets of clothes
- Gen 43:34 Then he took servings to them from before him, but Benjamin’s serving was five times as much as any of theirs. So they drank and were merry with him.
- Gen 45:22 He gave to all of them, to each man, changes of garments; but to Benjamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver and five changes of garments.
Five is for the Kingdom of God, which will stand forever
- Daniel is given and interprets the kings dream – which ends with God’s kingdom, the fifth kingdom.
- Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
Five is for choosing life with God, not just a religious structure
- Jesus tells a parable of the Kingdom of heaven being likened to 10 virgins, who fell asleep, and needing waking. There were 5 who only had the the lamp and the other 5 had lamp and oil. When they all woke up to the nearness of the Bridegrooms return this difference was made obvious. Choose the lamp and the oil – pay the price for a life in God.
- Matthew 25:2-3 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Five is connected to the Divine Grace of God coming down to dwell with people
- If we study the Tabernacle (also called the Tent of Meeting) we get a picture of life in God, and how nearly every measurement is a multiple of five
- Five is for the anointing of the Holy Spirit – The holy anointing oil had five parts, being made up of four spices and one part oil (Exodus 30:23-25)
- Five is for the grace to worship God and pray. The holy incense had five parts, being made up of four spices and one part salt. (Exodus 30:34)
Five can be for those receiving God’s empowering favour
- Those whom God has chosen will be strengthened with His own might as they move forward
- Lev 26:8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.
The Number Five speaks to us about grace, favour and strength to choose to live fully alive in God. May you be encouraged today to live in the grace of God, and for the One whose Kingdom will last forever.
May you be blessed with a love for God’s Word and His very self. May you go deeper into receiving life and grace from Him, as you read and study the Word of God, and find the images and motifs, types and shadows that speak of Christ and the ways of God.